Sunday, February 28, 2010

Garrett's Birthday

Our little man turned one....already!!! The year went by so fast, and we have enjoyed every moment of having him in our home. He is so different from the girls and in to everything which sometimes is frustrating but I could sit and watch him all day. He is just so funny!!!We had a few friends come over to celebrate with us and we let the kids play and do a pinata (all of those pictures, as well as the present pictures, are on my other camera and I still have to figure out how to download them). It was all more for me, as for some reason the first birthday is the hardest because it means they are moving into being a naughty toddler instead of a sweet baby. I am so grateful to have friends here to celebrate with us. He wasn't too sure in the beginning, but I think you can see from this picture in the end the cake was a hit.

I am so blessed to have this little guy in my life, I can't believe that a year ago he came into our family, and yet I can't remember life without him. I can still remember thinking the night before he came that I was in labor and yet being too scared to go to the hospital and have them send me home. I slept the entire night contractions and all, it was a good night sleep and then when I woke-up and started getting ready for my doctor's appointment they came stronger and stronger. I was so worried that the doctor would tell me it was nothing and he would see me next week...I was so relieved and excited when he announced I was 5 cm and he would meet me at the hospital at 3 that afternoon. Why I thought I would make it to 3 is beyond my but I did, and needless to say by 12:30 I was on my way to the hospital. The doctor drug-out my delivery so as to not interrupt his office hours, which was a bit annoying to me, but once he finally broke my water and 5:45 Garrett made his way into this world at 6:35...Ohhh how fast 1 year has come and gone!!!!

No comments: