Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We woke-up to a white Christmas this year. In years past we always dream about it snowing on Christmas, and it finally did. Although it wasn't as exciting this year due to the fact that the Seattle area had had tonz of snow in the weeks before Christmas. Anyway, it was still kinda fun, and we even had some excitement when we lost power in the middle of cooking breakfast. Thank goodness for a gas stove, and the fact that it was only out for about 20 mins or so.

Here the girls are patiently waiting to open presents. I don't think we even starting opening presents until after 11:00. When you have an uncle on a mission your patience is tested when mom and dad make you wait through all the interruptions of talking on the phone to the missionary. They did and great job of waiting!!!

They both asked Santa for a barbie and a necklace, and yes Santa came through this year. Even though Santa had already made the big purchases he was able to dig deep into his bag and find the simple gifts that made the girls Christmas.


As you know, or could probably guess, we love to dress up at our house. Our poor baby boy is going to be sporting the most beautiful ball gowns, princess crowns, and glamorous shoes. Needless to say we were in dire need of some new dresses...thanks grandma and papa.

It is interesting to watch the phases of excitement you go through as you grow and mature. Our big gift this year was a Wii. Cory and I were excited, but knew that the girls wouldn't really understand what it was...As you can see our predictions are correct. They were super excited to open the present, but once it was unwrap they weren't really sure why it was so exciting. On the other hand...

...my parents also bought a Wii for the family. My mom wrapped it really good so that they wouldn't guess what it was (she even put it in a Victoria Secret box, she thought they boys would really like that haha). As you can see their reactions aren't always as rewarding as you would hope. Damon is doing a great job of pretending to be excited...and I think they were excited it just doesn't show so much on the outside.
So Lesson I learned: My girls get excited over the $10.00 barbie instead of the Wii, and my brothers show little emotion over all their gifts. Enjoy the stage you are at and know that next year is going to be a whole different story...especially for those of us who have young kids and the novelty of Christmas is still so wonderful. As for my mom good luck, I guess you will just have to enjoy the grand kids excitement from now on!

6 comments:

The Duckers said...

We love our wii! We have played Mario cart every day since Christmas!! So fun. I can't wait to see pics of your little boy all dressed up like a girl! That will be fun stuff!!!

Cilka said...

I just missed you in Seattle. We went up there for New Years. It would have been fun to see you. Your girls are beautiful!

Shera said...

I am glad my kids only had to wait until 8:00 for the mission call to end, there is no way we would have made it until 11:00.
And I get so bummed when I try to find the perfect present, and I don't get the reaction I wanted. It is such a let down. Good to know that it only gets worse as the kids get older.

Joann said...

Hey guys, I was trying to find Lindsay on Tracy and Kristy's blog and saw your name, clicked to see if it was really you, and yeah we found you!!! We've been wondering what you guys have been up to. We had heard that Lance got married, and I just read that you guys are expecting a boy!!! Congrats! The last time we saw you guys you only had one little girl just barely walking, wow I can't believe it's been that long. We're definatly going to be following your blog and I hope you guys will view ours, it's: www. travisjoannjimmyjordan.blogspot.com Hope to keep in touch.

Thomas and Mandi said...

Your brothers have gotten so big! The last time I saw Damon, he was seriously like a baby! Looks like you guys had so much fun over the holidays- there's nothing like going home! Your girls are darling!

Traci said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Your kids are so cute, I can't wait to see this new little boy.
I am jealous that you got to spend Christmas with Grandpa & Grandma.
We miss you guys. Hope that we can find an excuse to see you all again soon.
Traci