Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yaquina Head

The day after Christmas Cory's cousin and his family came over to the coast and we spent the afternoon playing on the beach and touring the lighthouse. Here are the 4 oldest at the door of the lighthouse.Addy was too little to go in so I took Hannah and Addy stayed outside with dad and Garrett and watched the water.Hannah climbing the stairs...I can't remember how many there are but there are a lot. She thought it was great while I followed and almost had a heart attack thinking about what would happen if she fell (that all too fond memory of my brother falling from a second story window while I sat only feet away and couldn't catch him = fear of heights and children falling from them).At the top we even got to see the light going on and off, very cool.On the way back down, which was worse then going up, we stopped at the window to watch the water for a minute...the ocean was really rough and the wind was blowing pretty good which made for some great waves. Garrett above not so fond of the wind...but give him some shelter by the rocks and a and endless number of rocks to taste and you get a very happy and content baby.
Cory's cousin Scott and his son Ethan standing on top of a really big rock.All the kids together for one split second to take a picture.Our cute little family, on the exact beach and almost exact spot that Cory proposed to me 7 years ago. Amazing how much changes in 7 years.Scott and Jill and their cute kids.Aunt Mandy and Hannah pose for a quick picture before the waves come in again.My sweet Addy wondering which direction to run next.Her decision: Let's see if we can climb up the rock/dirt cliff. Crazy kids!!!

1 comment:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I love the proposal spot. How pretty! I know that is it cold this time of year in Oregon, but it is still crazy to see winter coats and ocean in the same picture!