Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What Happened???

So I promised myself after I had the baby I was going to be good about keeping my blog up to date. Obviously I have failed miserably and so I asked myself why it was so hard to accomplish this simple task? Answer: Hannah, Addy and Garrett...
...as I contemplated this answer I started to think that it wasn't the fact that they task was so hard, but the fact that my days seem to follow this pattern - 6:30/7:00 wake-up feed the baby, get ready for the day, Hannah off to school, get Addy dressed, pick up the house, feed the baby, change Addy's clothes, pick-up the house, get Hannah from preschool, change Addy's clothes, fix lunch, feed the baby, change Addy's clothes and put her down for a nap, get Hannah something to eat, clean the kitchen, feed the baby, change Addy's clothes, pick-up the house, fix dinner, feed the baby, baths and P.J.'s, brush teeth, Hannah in bed, change Addy's PJ's, Addy to bed, clean up dinner, feed the baby and fall exhausted into bed...and then remember as I drift off to sleep that yet another day has gone by and the blog still goes untouched (along with the laundry, the grocery shopping, cleaning the bathrooms, and all other things on my to do list). So I am not vowing to be better but I am going to try my hardest to squeeze in some time to keep things updated.

8 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

what's the story behind all of Addy's clothes changes? Just that she's a girl?? :-) Hope things slow down for you sometime - not so you can blog, but just so you can get a break!

Joshua, Amy and Olivia said...

They are adorable. I can not imagine keeping up with three, one keeps me on my toes already.

The Duckers said...

Wow! All that changing clothes sounds EXHAUSTING!!! I'll be calling you soon, because I really want to visit with you soon. HOPEFULLY before the baby comes! :o) Good luck with keeping up on the blog.

Whitney said...

Now, Kristena,I think you are doing a terrific job with those darling cherubs. I do have a weeeee concern about Addy's hair in the pix - !!! - Let's get a little conditioner on it!! - You know I love you dearly!! It's great to have you blogging and I know what crazy days you're having - how did the moms of years ago do it with 10 and 12 kids?

jo said...

i see your kids a lot and i can tell you're doing a great job of keeping on top of it all!
just send them over if you need a break!

Nat said...

A positive with the boys-they NEVER want to change their clothes, no matter how dirty they get!

DaLynn said...

I hear ya!!!

Kluane said...

Hey, your life sounds a little like mine. Only I just pick up the house once a day, and hope no one comes by when it's a mess:)