Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mesa Temple

Our family always enjoy visiting the temple grounds. The girls love to walk around and look at the flowers, fountains, and the temple. It is so fun to talk about the temple and we are glad that they so enjoy being on the temple grounds.

FUNNY STORY: I was making plans to attend the temple with the youth of our ward to do baptisms. Hannah wanted to know why I had to go to the temple. So in an attempt to explain to her what we do in the temple, I told her that mommies young women were going to go to the temple to be baptized for people who already went to live with Heavenly Father and didn't get to be baptized. She seemed like she understood and went on her way. The next day I overheard her talking to her friend about how she was going to come to her house later while mom went to the temple. The conversation went on a bit longer and then I heard Hannah say, "My mom is going to go to the temple and see dead people." I couldn't help but laugh and think to myself that I had to explaining to do at a later date.

The girls loved looking at Jesus in the visitors center and were convinced that he was really speaking to them when they listened to the presentation they do there. It was so cute and touching to see how excited they were and how intent they were on really trying to listen.



5 comments:

Shera said...

I laughed so hard at Hannah thinking you see dead people. What a great blog!!! Thanks for sharing with me :)

Autumn said...

Cute blog Kristena! Did I ever give you our blog address? Here it is: parkerfamilyidaho.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Kristena, your blog is very nice! You did a great job!

Kristy said...

I love your blog Kristena! I miss you guys - Belen was looking at the pictures of Hannah and said - "Mommy - it's my friend Hannah! I miss her!"

The Duckers said...

Your little girls are getting so big! I think Hannah might be twice the size of Carson. Carson and James are the same size, so I'm sure she is! Thanks for sending me your blog address.